Everybody remembers the arrival of carving skis and how this innovation made many skiers’ life easier and changed many other people’s lives…
In the same way, in the sales world we witness continuous evolutions, which make sales “smart”, for example by adopting a single cross-platform solution, and therefore integrating e-commerce B2B and CRM both for Sales reps and for retailers.
The elements making this solution “smart” are mainly two:
- The communicative approach, which takes into consideration the peculiarities of every brand, the countries where such tool is used (e.g. synthesis and order in Germany, plenty of information in the USA), as well as the user’s language and role (e.g. salesperson, customer service or distributor).
- The technology used, which represents the ultimate IT frontier applied to the fashion and sport fields.
All the operations related to the order management process (search for products, price and discount calculation, choice of delivery dates, PDF proposal printouts) are indeed accessible in offline mode from any modern browser (PC, tablet, smartphone) as if it were an App.
Besides, based on configurable algorithms, the system automatically proposes the “right” price for that product, customer or context (e.g. customer typology, up-to-date orders, previous seasons order history).
What does this imply for companies?
- TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) Reduction, thanks to the use of a single platform, accessible for salespeople and retailers, without having to install an App
- Increase in sales opportunities, making the tool main functionalities available, even in absence of connectivity
- Sales optimization and profit increase, thanks to algorithms that guarantee margins
Which are the benefits for the sales team? And for retailers?
- Sales reps can consult all the information regarding products, their availability per typology and size, or previous orders; they can also place orders and perform real-time checks on sales performance, comparing them with their objectives. The “right” product price is suggested by the system, based on logics defined by the company: Sales reps can accept it or customise the offer by adding a further discount: their supervisor will automatically receive an approval request email, therefore speeding up the internal approval workflow.
- Retailers can access the whole product catalogue at any time, visualizing the information that interests them (financial situation, dedicated prices and promotions, order delivery status…) and reorder every single product under their own sales conditions.
Both, Sales reps and retailers, can carry out their activities with or without browser connectivity as if it were an App, maybe wearing a pair of skis!